Open season on my writing. Please crit the shit out of it. Highlight every flaw and foible, every wrong word choice and every failed metaphor. Bad line breaks, dull subject matter, wrong punctuation, misspellings, snazzy neck ties, whatever.
Tell your friends, if you think they might be interested in any of the rewards. Have them tell their friends. My ego is a perfect peach and it needs to be knocked down a peg. Bruise the shit out of it and drink the juice like it's blood. I just said that 'cause it sounded cool. In truth, I really just am increasingly inspired to rip my art apart and examine it to find out if it's worth anything. I promise I won't turtle up and get super defensive. I may defend my work and choices that I made, but I will do it with my big boy pants on if I feel the need to at all.++IMPORTANT++
- I will make a folder labeled "For Crit-ers"
for you critters. Please don't venture into the archives of my gallery and dig up a ten year old piece that I know is complete rat feces. I'm going to pick a good number of pieces that I feel best represent me and mine poetry; pick anything in there.
I'll reward you in one of
four ways (you may choose your poison), so long as you put decent effort into the critique.
You may select from these options:
1. I will critique a piece of your choosing (yours or a friend's if you are feeling altruistic). You may have either the balanced and measured critique or a flatly honest (good or bad, however I see the piece) version.
2. I will write a poem of your choosing, in the style of your choosing on a subject of your choosing. Under 40 lines, and I make no promises on a super quick turnaround, but if you watch me you know I write a lot. Like, too much. Shouldn't take me too terribly long unless you really throw me a screwball.
3. Pick five poems/short prose pieces and I will read them and give as thoughtful feedback as I can manage. Not full crit, but my honest response/reaction/observations on your work. You can pick non-lit stuff if you want, but I'm simply not as experienced in technique/terminology for other forms of art.
4. Be creative. If you can think of some other way for me to return the favor, I'm open to alternatives. Within reason, of course. I will not drive across multiple states to babysit your cousin or wash your car. But yeah, go nuts.
That's all. Oh... and sorry this was so long.